Saturday, October 26, 2013

Starting The Magazine

I have now started to create my cover for the school magazine. To begin with, I debated with myself whether to choose a colour scheme of pink, green and white, or, pink, purple and blue. I wanted to make my magazine appeal to the female target audience however I still wanted the colours to look professional and not too bright or tacky. I received feedback from other classmates and decided that the pink, green and white colour scheme was the preferred idea as the colours are not too overpowering but still appeal to the target audience.

The next task for me to complete was to start thinking of my masthead and what colour, font and size I wanted it to be. I knew that the masthead is one of the key representations of the magazine which stays consistent throughout each issue and therefore has to appeal to the audience and also be a statement. I finally decided that I was going to have a bold masthead as it is eye catching and would draw the audience in but it would also be pink as that fits in with the colour scheme and therefore appeals to the audience. I also to put 'magazine' under the masthead to make it look official but also have it in fancier writing to show the feminine side of the magazine as well as the bold side. This is the masthead I decided on:

No comments:

Post a Comment