Monday, December 9, 2013

Cover stories

Main story

I have based my main story on a female artist called 'Skye'. I have decided on this name as the name represents nature and the beauty of it, it also represents innocence which links in with the personality of the singer. As the target audience is young, I wanted to create an artist who would be a good role model for them and set a good example as many pop stars follow this path in todays life.
The model that I used for this artist has long blonde hair and blue eyes. I used this person as I think the name suits her appearance and, again, fits in with the innocent look. Her blue eyes also highlight the idea of the sky and it's colour.
As the anchorage text for this main story, I used a play on words. I think the name "High in the Skye" is a good choice as it suggests her popularity levels as an artist to be high as she has many fans, however, it also includes her name too. I also used "Exclusive interview" as it shows to the audience how it is only available in this one magazine and that is a reason why they should buy it.

Side stories

On front covers, as well as the main story being featured, there are also side stories to attract the audience. I have used shorter stories including boys and fashion to show the other aspects of the magazine other than music. They give a slight insight to the magazine without the reader actually buying it. This gives them an idea of what is inside making them want to purchase it to read on and find out the rest of the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment