Monday, December 9, 2013

Research and planning - Magazine Ideas

Colour Scheme

The colour scheme that I have decided on is pink, purple and blue. I have chosen these colours as they are very popular with my target audience and are also representative of their age and interests. These colours are also very bright making the magazine stand out from the shelf, therefore it is more noticeable and identifiable to the audience.

 



Layout

Most magazines are set out in a formation of columns and text boxes, this helps the magazine to be presented in a neat structure making it easy for the audience to read and to identify all of the features being shown. As you can see in the examples below, the layout of these magazines are very similar. As it is a pop magazine for a younger audience, the front pages are usually very packed with lots of information but the order and columns still stand. 
 

 
 

Photography

On the front page of pop magazines, a lot of the time the image is posed with direct contact with the audience drawing them in to buying them. The artists on the cover are also commonly happy as the audience are of a younger generation and this is what they would be attracted to, unlike serious facial expressions. Looking at magazine covers for pop magazines has given me some inspiration for my own magazine for what I should be portraying to the audience and what the motivation is for each of my images. I feel like the images I have taken so far (without editing) fit in well with the pop genre and represent my target audience well as they are, again, very happy and good looking which is what this target audience would want to be portrayed as.


No comments:

Post a Comment