Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Font

It is very common that magazines have more than one font type on the cover. This gives more dimension to the page and make sure it isn't very plain and uninteresting. For example, this magazine (below) includes many different fonts. It helps to emphasise the more important features of the issue and highlight what the producer wants to present the audience as they know what the target audience is most interested in due to previous research.
 
As you can see, as well as the style, the size and colour of the font is also very important. Here, the word 'SECRET' is very noticeable as the dark and bold colour stands out from the bright ones. It is also very large compared to the text around it and the upper case letters encourage this emphasis.
I will take this into consideration when creating my magazine, making sure my font stands out mostly in the places I want it to and make sure I use more than just one font also.

No comments:

Post a Comment