Saturday, January 4, 2014

Edited photos

I edited most of my images for my magazines. Each of my images below are the ones I have edited. I have also explained how and why I have edited them in the way I have.
This photo was also taken using a green screen so I was able to remove it in order to get a transparent background. This image was used for a side story on the front page which was about a singer talking about what kind of girlfriend he would want. For this reason, I removed the background and replaced it with a block purple with pink hearts floating around his head. I did this as it created a poster effect and felt that it would appeal to the target audience as he is one of the main stars that the girls may have a 'crush' on.
These are three separate images which I  removed the background from using paint. I did this as I wanted to put the three images together to show the different styles of clothing that the image is portraying. The only editing I did to these images were crop them out and put them together in a slanted formation. I think this makes the magazine look more original as it was used for another side story and I have also used some overlapping which is common in magazines.
I also used a green screen for this image too, however, the lighting on the green screen was not bright enough for this image to remove the background easily, therefore, it was a lot harder and more time consuming with still parts of green showing. However, this image was placed back onto a green grass background so it is hard to notice the green outline of the hair and still looks effective. I cropped the model out so I was able to use the grass background for my double page spread. As well as this, I also enhanced the brightness on the image to highlight the model so she was able to stand out from the background and, again, look vibrant as people in magazines do.
I edited this image as I used a green screen so I was able to crop it. I wanted her to be stood outside with a view of nature behind her to represent her down to earth personality. I decided to use a green screen as I could not guarantee that the day I took this image the weather would be nice outside, therefore, I took the images on different days. I edited this picture by removing the green screen to get a transparent background. I also enhanced the brightness and slightly enhanced the contrast in order to highlight her face so she looked more vibrant.
A green screen was used again to capture this image so that I could create a transparent background. This image was also used for the double page spread however it was being used as a smaller picture on the page of the interview. I cropped the image out so that it would also have the grass as the background to fit in with the rest of the page. Like my other images, I enhanced the brightness to highlight her face and hair to add a bit more colour to her so she looks more vibrant. Editing images like this made the photography look a lot more professional and similar to photography in other magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment