Editing photography
In the progression from my school magazine to my music magazine I have learnt new skills whilst editing my photography. I have edited the images for my music magazine differently and in a more complex manner than the images from my first product. The main skill I had learnt for editing my images was to crop them out so they could be used on a different background to which the photo was originally taken with. I had found a website which enabled me to crop out my photos in a way which was less time consuming than using paint. The website I used was http://clippingmagic.com/. It worked by letting me shade the areas that I wanted to remove in red, and the areas I wanted to keep in green. The red would then be removed leaving me with the cropped image that I wanted. This is what it looked like:
Although this website was very useful when cropping images, It did not always work as effectively as the Paint software did as it got rid of parts of the images that I wanted to keep. Therefore, to crop some of my images I used Paint as well as Clipping Magic. On the Paint software you are able to remove the background by simply clicking on the rubber icon and removing the background yourself, however, this requires a steady hand and is also a lot more time consuming. This is how it worked:
Although this website was very useful when cropping images, It did not always work as effectively as the Paint software did as it got rid of parts of the images that I wanted to keep. Therefore, to crop some of my images I used Paint as well as Clipping Magic. On the Paint software you are able to remove the background by simply clicking on the rubber icon and removing the background yourself, however, this requires a steady hand and is also a lot more time consuming. This is how it worked:
I decided to crop out the images as on some on some of them I used a green screen however the editing software was not enabling my to remove the background effectively. Therefore, I had to use both Clipping Magic and Paint to get the final image how I wanted it. This took longer than the original editing software would have but I still wanted to continue with my idea.
This shows my progression as I had not cropped any of my images used in the school magazine whereas I learnt to for my music magazine. These are some of the pictures I used in the school magazine and music magazine easily identifying where my skills have improved:





No comments:
Post a Comment