Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Evaluation - Q1) Looking back at you preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Masthead

In the progression from my school magazine to my music magazine, I have also created an improved original masthead. The masthead that I had created for my music magazine is more original in terms of appearance as it has a unique style compared to my school magazine masthead. To create my school and music magazine mastheads I used www.fontspace.com and Paint. Below shows how I used FontSpace to create my mastheads and the comparison between them:
First, I went onto the website and clicked on the 'browse' option. The website would then show me all of the different categories of text types that I could choose from. I would look to find which font style would best suit my masthead and click on it.
Once I had chosen the category I wanted to look under, the website displayed all the matches that were available and what there was to choose from. Once I had found the text type that I wanted to use I would click on it.
I was then able to type in my own text and change the colour of the font to what fit the magazine the best and related to my target audience.
I feel that my music magazine masthead is more effective than my school magazine masthead and that I have improved in this area. I think it is more effective as it has an original design meaning it has a unique selling point to it as it is very different to the usual type of block-text mastheads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment