Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pop Magazine mock up finished

I have now created my mock up front cover for my pop magazine as I have decided on a main story to use and the main image ideas and anchorage text to support it. I have created my main cover story for my pop magazine which is focusing on a female pop artist known as 'Skye'. I have decided to use a play on words with my made up artist's name to attract the reader to buying the magazine, so far, I have come up with "High in the SKYE". This also gives me some ideas for my main image as I could use a teenage girl being known as Skye to jump into the air to run along side the anchorage text. I could also use a low angle shot to show how the artist is in the air and aims high. I could also use a long shot as I am planning to take my images in an open space such as a field (as the example is shown in my mock up) to represent nature which links with the representation of her innocent name and style as she is presented as a free young girl with a lively spirit. I decided to create a new artist that young girls would aspire to be like.
I have decided to use an exclusive interview for my lead story as I can then put this interview into my double page spread as it is one of the main features of the magazine. As well as this, using an interview creates the idea that privacy has been opened up about an artists life that my target audience would be interested in as they want to know more about them. This would attract the audience as they feel that they are being let in on the secrets and will know all about the latest information and gossip of their favorite artist. This is my front cover mock up:
 
I have used bright and stereo-typically girly colours as the house style for my magazine. I have done this as it shows a true and clear representative of my young female target audience. I have decided to use a main image with the anchorage text over the top so it is clear which text is linked with the picture as my magazine could begin to be quite crowded. I have also decided to have lures and other stories running down the right hand side of the magazine in a column formation to emphasize the other key features of the magazine also attracting the audience.
To show the key conventions of the magazine in my mock up, I have also inserted a bar-code with the date and price as each magazine has this. I have also used a skyline and strap line to create a more professional looking magazine.
I will now continue to work on my magazine beginning on my final product. I will start my photography with my models and begin to create my contents and double page spread too.

No comments:

Post a Comment