For extra research, I have purchased two pop magazines to get a better insight of what is inside of different pop magazines to get some inspiration for when I am creating my own. I chose the two most popular pop magazines that I have heard of which are, again, Top of the Pops and We Love Pop.
I have found that there are a lot of similarities between the two magazines. Both magazines have a similar colour scheme of fluorescent pink, blue, yellow and white. As well as this, both of the main images are of the same band One Direction and the magazine contains the same, if not, similar artists. This is mainly because they both are appealing to the same young target audience which have a strong interest in the pop genre.
The layout of the magazine is also similar as there are many sell lines and images covering the majority of the magazines. I think that this is a good effect as it makes the magazine eye catching from others due to the bright colours being portrayed and the faces of popular artists that can be noticed by the target audience.
There are many key themes within both of the magazines which, again, are very similar. These themes are pop music, boys, fashion and gossip. These themes imply that these are the topics that this particular target audience is interested which can help me with my magazine as I will be sharing this same audience.
By looking through these magazines, I have already received a lot of inspiration for my music magazine as I have a clear idea of what sort of topics my target audience are interested therefore having a wider knowledge of what I can include. It has also given me a clear vision of what my magazine should look like as the layouts are both so iconic of the pop genre and represent the audience in a bright and girly light. There are also many other features included in the magazines such as interviews, posters and quizzes that I can consider too.
No comments:
Post a Comment